shani petroff dot com

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I said I would write more about the Fox 5 shoot... so here it goes!

It was actually a lot of fun-- I got to chat with my agent, editor, publisher and publicist all in one place.

We only had limited time because Fox needed to send Ralph, both an amazing cameraman and guy, to another story when he was done.

So we got right to it-- doing interviews, shooting b-roll and set up shots. I.e. us sitting at the table chatting. (It's something we would have done anyway--and yet it was hard not to be self conscious about it with the camera recording every little thing we said. I don't know how reality TV stars do it.)

It made me feel very lucky. Warning: Here comes a little bit of a gush fest. I adore my agent, Jodi, and editor, Judy, and had the chance to hang out with them for a bit. And that's always fun. And it was the first time I met my publicist, Allison, and publisher, Francesco, in person. They were awesome. Super supportive, nice, charming. I was sad when it was time to leave, I would have loved to have spent more time with everyone.

But it was time to get back to the station. I was really happy with the way the piece turned out! It's still on myfoxny.com--so if you haven't seen it check it out!

After the piece aired, I got several e-mails about breaking into children's publishing, getting an agent, etc. I'll try to talk more about that over time as well.

But one specific question I got several times was can you put me in touch with your agent, how do I query her, etc? I share an agent with fellow debut author (who is also a New York Times best seller!!!) Aprilynne Pike. She addressed this question in her blog awhile back. She gave a great answer--so for those interested in Jodi, check it out!

http://apparentlyaprilynne.blogspot.com/2009/02/querying-jodi.html

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bedeviled Books About Shani Petroff Auras R Us
Other Contact Blog
Destined Series by Shani Petroff Shani Petroff dot com Book Trailer